Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

Greetings friends!!! I do pray all is well with each of you. I also pray SOMEONE is reading this blog besides me :)!! Anyway, as we approach this holiday season and begin the celebrations by giving thanks, let's be mindful of the things we should be thankful for. It is very easy sometimes to feel as if life is not what you want it to be. I can understand how quickly one can fall into that trap before they know it. We move daily in our routines and fall prey to acknowledging our short comings. Well the fact that we woke up this morning is a blessing within itself because every day is a new day to make it all better. I am thankful that my eyes, ears, heart and soul are open to receiving Christ. I am thankful for my wonderful family. I truly have been blessed in that area of my life. I am thankful for wonderful friends for GOD has given me another jackpot in that area as well. I am thankful for my thinking. That may sound strange, but take a moment and listen to others around you. It is wonderful to have a mind that thinks about the positives, embraces challenges, can accept others for who they are, is willing to be open, able to be compassionate. I could go on and on but I think you get the point. I am thankful for many things but the three I listed are the most important to me. For without knowing Christ, without the love of your family and without friends to share your life with, everything else would be insignificant.
Have a wonderful holiday!! Love you all-

No comments: