Saturday, February 11, 2017

Gratitude? Or am I in my feelings?



Why should I smile when I see you?  Remember, you left me.  


Why should I appreciate what you have done for me?  Do you appreciate what I did for you? 


I watched you grow up.  I fed you.  I nourished you.  I loved you.  Did you forget? 


Yes you loved me too.  You helped me become better.  You gave me the breath of life. 


We were good to each other. 


No, I wasn’t perfect.  But neither were you. 


When I needed you the most, you didn’t come through. 


We celebrated the good and cried during the bad. 


We vowed that regardless of what happened, we would stay true to each other. 


The last night we had was supposed to be perfect.  We were supposed to reach our greatest height. 


What happened that night?  Something was wrong and you weren’t yourself but I didn’t know why. 


Maybe it was because you were already gone.  Someone else had a hold on your heart. 


You could have told me.  We could have worked it out. 


Instead you decided to leave without giving it one more try. 


You deserve to be happy….I’m not saying you don’t.  That was never in question. 


Just don’t be a coward.  Don’t be a sneak.  Don’t go behind my back. 


You quit too soon. 


Now you are back.  Am I supposed to be happy?  Am I supposed to welcome you with open arms? 


“Remember what I gave you?”  Yeah, I remember.  I also remember how you left. 


Don’t look to me for your forgiveness.  Don’t look for me to be your saving grace. 


Perhaps one day you will be forgiven, perhaps one day you won’t. 


You have your feelings.  I have mine too. 


The best thing I can say right now is…..Bye Boo!



No comments: