Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Time after Time

Greetings to all!!! I pray the day is treating you well. So today, at exactly 5:50 pm, my beautiful, wonderful son will be 6 years old!!! Where did the time go? It is amazing when I look at him sometimes and I see this person that only 6 years ago I met for the first time!! I like to tell him the story of his birth, and at least for now, he likes to hear it. I can remember the day like yesterday. Going to the hospital, talking to friends on the phone, everyone who was there, the look on my father's face. A moment in my life when for a split second, I understood the bigger picture. It frightens me sometimes when I realize how much time has passed. Not just the time that has passed as my son grows older, but time in general. We don't realize how quickly it moves, how we don't have forever. I see myself in the mirror and I see a woman, not a girl. I look at my parents, my siblings, my child and I realize that time is going by so fast that I MUST make every opportunity to cherish it. There are many things in life we can get back, but time is not one. I have said it before and I will say it again, take time to spend time with those you love. Take time for yourself, take time to appreciate your life because you never know when "time" will not be on your side. Love you all!!

No comments: