Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What is the obsession?

Greetings to all!! I pray the day is treating you well. Question for the day....Do you find yourself consumed with the lives of others? Especially the lives of celebrities, the rich, the not so famous? What is the obsession we have now with the lives of other people? Don't get me wrong, I will watch Real Housewives with the rest of them, but it seems to me the media is obsessed with the lives of others and we fall right into place? Who cares what the Kardashians are doing, or NeNe, or Monica or whether or not Ray J finds love??!! Again, I have kept up with the Kardashians just like the rest of them, but then I have to ask why? Are our own lives so boring, incomplete, non-existent that we have to escape by watching the world of others? Do we imagine ourselves in their shoes, as their friends, in their worlds? I mean, my life is interesting and trust me, my 5 soon to be 6 year old could carry a show of his own!! Perhaps if we spent more time living our lives instead of watching the lives of others and wishing for something more, we would discover great and wonderful things about ourselves. If you are a reality show junkie, stand up, raise your right hand and repeat after me...."My name is ____________ and I am a reality show junkie. As of today, I am no longer obsessed with watching people live life on TV. I am busy living MY LIFE. Where's the camera crew, because I am the one worth watching!!" Grab your own life by the horns and put down the remote!! Live life, don't let life live you!! Love you all!!

No comments: