Friday, January 8, 2010

What is your daily prayer?

Greetings to all!! I pray the day is treating you well. Every morning we start our day. Some of us have routines we follow...we may exercise in the morning, meditate, make our coffee, read the paper, say a prayer, etc... Starting the morning on the right foot, beginning the day with a positive outlook helps us throughout the day to be productive, upbeat and ready to tackle the world. I truly believe that understanding your purpose everyday, what YOU want to accomplish will help you stay focused during hectic times. I told myself that everyday, I will begin with a prayer. Thoughts and feelings I would share with GOD to ask HIM to keep me focused and in line with HIS plan for me. It can be hard to develop the discipline to do this. If you are like me, you may think that the prayer has to be for a certain amount of time, on your knees, completely focused. I have learned however that MY conversations with GOD happen whenever and wherever I need them to. I spend my time talking to HIM as I lay in the bed first thing in the morning. While I am driving I speak aloud to HIM about my thoughts, fears, dreams, and hopes. I talk to HIM at work when I need HIS guidance and presence. I am speaking to HIM now as I compose this message to you. Our prayers are OUR prayers. Wherever and in what you chose to speak with GOD is not as important as whether or not you speak to GOD at all. Open your heart to HIM everyday so HE can shine HIS light upon you. Love you all!!!

No comments: