Wednesday, July 7, 2010

100 Days

Greetings to all!!! I pray the day is treating you well. I have a challenge...the 100Day Challenge. So this is the beginning of 100 Days-GOD willing I live to see them all through!! So many things can happen in a day, in 100 days. I challenge each of you to live the next 100 days...LIVE the next 100 days as if the next one is not promised for it's not!! What will you have in the end? Only time will tell-but I can't wait to find out!!

So this was Day 1-What did I experience today?? Well at my job I was given a new opportunity, a chance to grow and prove myself to be the valuable person I know I am. This opportunity will hopefully serve me well professionally and financially!! I also learned something very disturbing about myself-as a parent, I actually take the path of least resistance. As a single mother, coming home from a demanding day, cooking dinner, getting ready for tomorrow, I find it easier to let the little one watch TV and occupy himself instead of me taking time to sit with him and read and work on his writing, spelling, etc. It also doesn't help that he resist any instruction I give!! An over-whelming feeling came over me and I knew I had no-one to blame but myself. It is my duty-responsibility-obligation as his Mother to MAKE time so I can help my child learn and grow and become all GOD intends for him to be. That overwhelming feeling of guilt that all parents feel-Mothers especially-is enough to make you change your entire life!! So now-he will earn minute for minute-want to watch TV-MUST read...want to play the Wii-MUST read!! The evening wasn't so bad...it is just Day 1, only 99 more to go!!

What was your Day 1?? Take the challenge, not only what I will do for my son, but what I will do for me. Make a list of goals that you could accomplish in 100 Days. Start there and then map out your course of action !! You can do it!! Together we will!! Love you all!!

No comments: