Sunday, July 25, 2010

82 Days

Greetings to all!!! I pray the day is treating you well. So today was a milestone in my life and in the life of my son. I must say, he is his mommas baby and always will be but I am beginning to see my little boy become a big boy. You know those moments when you recognize your child is changing and becoming their own person. When they no longer depend on you for the things they once did. Or just those moments when you are watching them without being seen and their behavior and mannerism is different. So what happened you ask? Well, my son absolutely adores his Dad but when they spend time together, it is usually all of us or at least on "our" territory. Today was the beginning to the end of that dependency on home base. He made his mind up with a snap of finger that he was going out of town with Daddy, without Mommy. I couldn't believe it!! Is this the same kid?? I was so happy and so proud of him! You have to understand, my child is a creature of habit. He takes baby steps when deciding who will be a part of his world, even with family. My family that babysits him for me or plays with him, he loves and adores but it has to be on his turf. Now I see my baby boy is feeling secure and confident and he is ready to step outside of his comfort zone. My pride that day did not come close to that of his Father. He, of course, was ecstatic!! It is an amazing feeling as a parent to witness the growth of your children. To see those moments when as infants things start to click, you know, when they get it. To see how they change from toddlers to little kids then to big kids, teenagers, young adults and finally adults. I understand more and more the feelings my parents must have felt and hopefully still feel as they see me and my siblings continue to grow as individuals. It is truly a blessing and one that should be cherished. I have been challenging myself to grow over these 100 days and who knew my son would rise to the challenge and grow too. What a feeling!!! Love you all!!!

1 comment:

Tom Lewis said...

Very Nicely Said Susan. You should Store this Blog Somewhere Special.