Friday, July 9, 2010

98 Days

Greetings to all!!! I pray the day is treating you well. So it is day 3 of the 100 Day Challenge. What did you do today? Me? Well lets see, work was a BARREL of fun!! No really, work was work-love my job-don't love crazy people. What happened to old fashion values of going to work, doing your job, being respectful and not losing your mind? Part of my responsibility is hiring, training and well--firing. Today I went to an office with the intention to train someone that was on the "list"--you know the "list". I wanted to evaluate her myself before pulling the trigger. What I discovered was she was overwhelmed and not able to tackle the position she was in. I gave her an out and she resigned. How does this play into my 100 day challenge? Since I am in the position to drastically affect someones life, their livelihood, my 100 day challenge can change the course of someones life and their next 100 days. The decision I make to give them an opportunity to succeed can mean many things for them in the long run. My decision to hire or not hire someone has the same effect. I have given some people their first real job-a career. I have had people tell me "you have no idea what this means for me to get this job". On the other hand I have watched the tears fall and listen to the whimpers as I let someone go and they ask me "What am I suppose to do now??". There are many things that will happen over the next 100 days that will change your life forever-many of those will be unplanned and unexpected. There are also the things that will happen over the next 100 days that are in your control and you can plan to change your life forever. Me?? Over the next 100 days I will read 6 personal growth books. YES 6!!!! Hold me to it. What do I expect? I expect to become a better person personally and professionally. I expect to equip my mind with knowledge that will give me the strength I need to step outside of my comfort zone so I can achieve my goals and dreams. I will be better at dealing with different situations I face and work and the 300+ people I manage in one way or another. I expect to become a better Mother-knowledge is POWER-a stronger individual and a motivator of many. Not bad for 100 days work!! So what are your waiting for? Don't let that day come and you look back and say-I should have......Love you all!!!!

No comments: